Wow this Christmas was one for the books. Let's go back to Thursday before Christmas, Shall we?
Eric has been coughing for about 3 weeks now. And last night he got really sick. And if you know Eric, he doesn't throw up. But last night he added a fourth occurrence to his record. So today while the kids were in school I took him to the doctor. While in the waiting room he goes ahead and passes out on me. That got us in to see the doc pretty quick. Apparently Eric has pneumonia! It seems he got too hot and was too dehydrated causing the pass out. So he got some shots, with orders to DRINK as much as he can (water and gatorade). I had to wake him to make him drink.
He then slept from Thursday to Friday evening.
We had planned our family Christmas for Saturday morning with the kids and head to Dallas on Sunday.
It is now Saturday morning, Santa has visited and left many a gift under our tree and in our stockings.
A few things Addy received: a holiday Barbie (not the dress she expected but she loved it)
a new digi camera from granny, craft stuff, a dvd, a fairy Barbie from Papa and candy!!!
A few things Simon received: Cars, puzzle, games, dvd, a Thomas the train set from Papa and of course candy!
Eric got: an Ipod Nano from Mrs. Santa!
I got: A new lens and some accessories for my awesome camera that Santa brought me last year.
The family got a new (used ;) kids computer and a new keyboard. We are going to enroll Addy in some piano lessons.
We got so much it's crazy.
Eric made it though presents and help set up some stuff. We had a nice breakfast together and then nap time for Daddy!
The kids had a blast today and I got to do some baking!
Well we made it to Dallas and after an AWESOME Christmas Eve dinner Sarah and I took the kids to look at Christmas lights while Santa visited G-ma's and G-pa's. While looking at lights we came upon a Christmas Surprise. We found a perfectly nice rolling tool box waiting to be taken off to the dump. Why let that go? So Sarah and I loaded it up and Eric got one more gift this year!
OH the Madness of opening gifts!!! You see in the Kimbrough household we don't do it orderly, we grab, throw, rip open and repeat until all is open. Then we look and admire and thank and play. This year G-pa didn't get all the boys guns (usually nerf-y darts), he only got Himself and the 2 grand boys one. They disappeared for a few and then it was on, Uncle Jr, Uncle Noah, Uncle Derek and Eric all got shot quite a few times! I'm sure G-ma will be finding those bullets until next Christmas. What fun it was.
A few things Addy received: Hannah Montana: CD, Barbie, wig, stage, purse, and stationary set!
A few things Simon received: Cars, tools and a workbench, cap guns and a yo-yo.
Eric got mostly books from his wish list with a few other accessories for his Ipod
I got a new camera bag and filters for my new lens!!! I am set up now.
So after a late night of Christmas Joy we all slept great!
We played for another day and then headed home on Wed. When we got here there was a big box on the porch. It was a new train set for Simon from Granny. That has gotten almost non stop playage!
I'll not soon forget this Christmas!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment